Following functions relating to the promotion of public officers (other than Ministry Secretaries, Heads of Departments and officers of the Provincial Public Service and Judicial Service) in respect of whom the powers of the Public Service Commission have not been delegated, published in the Gazette Extraordinary No. 1941/41 dated 20.11.2015 as amended by the Gazette Extraordinary No.1955/22 dated 25.02.2016 and also published in the Gazettes Extraordinary No. 1989/29 dated 29.01.2016, No.1990/24 dated 27.10.2016 and No. 1992/7 dated 07.11.2017 are carried out by the Promotions.
- Promotions as per approved Service Minutes, Schemes of Recruitment, Schemes of Promotion (Grade to Grade / On seniority and merit)
- Appointment of officers of Grade I and Special Grade belonging to Category of Executive Officers (On seniority / as per results of structured interviews)
- Appointment to the post of Divisional Secretary (On permanent, Acting and Attending to duties basis)
- Preparation / Submission of reports with observations on appeals made to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal as well on cases filed in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal against the orders / decisions made by the Public Service Commission on aforesaid duties and Appearing before the relevant authorities.
- Preparation / Submission of reports for appeals made to the Human Rights Commission and Ombudsman relating to the above mentioned tasks. And Appearing before the Public Petitions Committee
- Dealing with appeals made to the Public Service Commission against orders / decisions made by the Health Service Committee and the Education Service Committee
- Dealing with requests on promotions under Right to Information Act